Monday, June 29, 2009

The Hurt Locker is Made With Lady Parts!

One of my go to websites, http://www.jezebel.com/, has an article posted today about the how damn irritating it is to have mostly male critics question your abilities because you're a woman working in a genre that is "Male". You see, not only are critics confused because director Katheryn Bigelow is 57 years old and she's smoking hot...
On Fire Hot!!!
she's made a WAR MOVIE! What, What, What!?!? Why would a Lady with Lady Parts want to make a war movie? Surely not all of the tales of finding the one and shoe shopping have been told yet! Well, nobody ever asks why an endless parade of male directors would want to make a chick flick and men have made the majority of them since the dawn of film. They get applauded for it and get to be called a "Woman's Director" as if they have solved one of the greatest mysteries in the universe. But when faced with a woman of substance they just get fucking confused. I'm heading out to NYC next week for a wedding and I hope that I can find the time to track down a theatre that's playing The Hurt Locker because I's hoping that I don't have to knock myself out to hard to try to find it on DVD. And now for a picture of Jeremy Renner, because he's the star of this movie, and I like him. I like him a whole lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home