Thursday, June 9, 2011

McFarlane Toys Walking Dead Action Figures Actually Articulate!

McFarlane Toys has recently unveiled their upcoming Walking Dead line and surprisingly, it looks like these figures will actually have some points of articulation.  Pictured here is Michonne: the sword swinging, Governor hacking, mega-bad ass biatch who will not hesitate to cut off your fap hand if you make the mistake of fucking with her.  I haven't bothered to post any images of the other figures because I really just don't give a damn about them.  It goes without saying that she's my favourite character in the series and if she doesn't show up on the AMC series, I will stop spending any time watching that show...period!
Who Wouldn't Want to Watch This Every Week?
 As a black woman (don't let my pasty profile photo fool you) I lament the dearth of black female characters in comic books, both super powered and non-super powered. I know there's more than the characters I'm about to list, but only these few came off the top of my head and it should be noted that none of them have their own ongoing series:
Storm: Marvel Universe

Vixen: DC Universe

Amanda Waller: DC Universe

Martha Washington: Dark Horse Comics
 Martha Washington is my favourite of this lot. She was created by comic book bigshot Frank Miller and was featured in six story lines/miniseries starting with Give Me Liberty and ending with Martha Washington Dies and for a black female character, that's a hell of a lot to have.  Martha was a ghetto born misfit who defied her environment to join the army and becomes a world saving, sword swinging, Surgeon General hacking, mega-bad ass biatch who will not hesitate to cut off your fap hand if you make the mistake of fucking with her. 
I spelled "where" wrong!  Oopsie!

Well maybe I have a little thing for bad ass black women hacking off fascist fap hands!  Anyways, here's my two cents of artwork to go towards black girls in comics, this is a detail from a larger piece I created as a gift for my cousin:
Yeah, I Know She Has Dreads.  Artistic License, Man!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home