Friday, June 17, 2011

John Carter No Longer Of Mars

Here's the not so great first poster for Disney's upcoming film John Carter formally titled John Carter of Mars.  I suppose that after the Mars Needs Moms debacle, Disney marketers felt nervous about how to sell another Mars related movie.  Yet it seems that no one told the poster designers that the title had changed since there's a great big M at the bottom of the image.  Another problem with this poster (as far as I'm concerned) is that when your leading man looks like this:
My Vagina is Crying Right Now...
then you're making a massive error by not displaying Taylor Kitsch's obvious attributes front, center and as gratuitously as possible.  Yes, I realize that it's a Disney movie and they're not big on the selling with sex angle but I'm pretty sure that this isn't going to be a G rated movie and I'm expecting shirtlessness for at least 90% of this movie because in the books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, John Carter didn't even wear pants...
And Another Thing, Ummm...What Was I Talking About Again?
Oh yeah, the movie.  It also stars Willem Dafoe, Mark Strong, Bryan Cranston and human doorstop Lynn Collins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home